Today I am taking off on my annual trip; I will be gone for 7 weeks! I will be updating you on where I am and what I am doing and hopefully posting pictures along the way. While packing the last couple of days I came up with a list of some of my travel tips, some of them you might already know.
Do you have any travel tips of your own?
- Before I leave I print address labels for everyone I want to send a postcard to, this takes up less space and makes sending postcards easy.
- I always pack a few Ziploc bags of detergent, it’s easier to rinse off a pair of underwear in the sink then pack more clothing.
- Always pack a small roll of gaffers tape it can fix almost anything and you never know when it will come in handy.
- If you take any pills (vitamins or medications) and are traveling for more than a week, you should separate them into bags, one bag per week.
- When I go to underdeveloped countries I pack clothing that I want to get rid off and at the end of the trip. This makes room for my purchases and the locals really appreciate it.
- Always bring a cheap alarm clock, wake up calls are not standard in all places
- If you’re a creative person it is always nice to bring a small sketchbook and pencils. It’s a great way to be inspired and pass time.
- I always bring a small knife, band aids, antibacterial cream, and alcohol swabs. A mini first aid kit of sorts, the antibacterial cream is great in places like the jungle where you can’t always wash your hands.
- If you wear glasses bring a second pair, just hide the extra pair in your suitcase. If you don’t bring them you will lose yours and if you bring them you will never use them.